Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A CLOSE SHAVE

While shaving this morning, I looked in the mirror and saw my daughter's puppy, Derby. He was out in the hall looking at me. Listening to the radio as I shaved, I was careful not to cut my face. Just as I was about through, I looked in the mirror to see Derby. Sure enough, Derby was there to be seen. What I saw was Derby with the toilet paper in his little mouth heading south. He was singing, "When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder, I'll Be There." When I reached to get hold of him, Derby darted down the hallway saying, "Catch me if you can." Well, I did! I picked him up and started trying to rewind the toilet paper. That was the end of that! It was a really close shave! After cleaning things up, I looked at Derby and told him that he was so Charmin. He agreed with me as the two of us high tailed it on out of the bathroom before the lady of the household could catch us. Talk about a really close shave!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Dad, I am tagging you to answer this question on your blog.
Name Ten Movies That Make You Cry.