Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"Can You Hear Me Now?"

I went to bed early last night because I was tired and deeply depressed. Sunday night I lost my left hearing aid. My family and I looked everywhere I had been to see if we could see it. Not! We looked down. We looked up. We looked under. We looked in. We looked so much that it tired me out. We all prayed that the lost be found. I knew I could replace it but, I sure hate to spend the money to do it. So, being tired and depressed I went to bed by 9:30 last night. I had been sleeping for an hour or so when I heard, "Daddy, Daddy, I found your hearing aid!" I thought I was dreaming. But I looked up and there stood my daughter and my lost hearing aid. I was so shocked that it took me awhile to realize that she had it in her hand. It had dropped out of my ear near the crate where her dog, Derby, stays in her bedroom. I had prayed that it would show up out of nowhere. Well, it did! As I write these words I am delighted that the lost is found and that I feel so much better this morning than I did when I went to bed last night. I not only feel better, I can hear you now! What wonderful words, "Daddy, Daddy, I found your hearing aid!"

No comments: