Tuesday, February 06, 2007

"AND THEY CALL IT PUPPY LOVE"

I was up at 5:30 this morning because my ribs were hurting. Since I couldn't sleep I thought I might as well get an early start on the day. I took the dogs and the garbage out. Then I sat down to read the newspaper and watch the morning news on tv. By 6:30 I was worn out! I guess it's my body telling me that I can't do things the way I used to do them. I used to move at the speed of a microwave but now it is more like a crock-pot. I'm just glad I can still move. I may be slow, but I'm moving. When I was taking our daughter's puppy, Derby, out I fell down just outside the garage door. It didn't hurt. It just was frustrating. The good thing is that Derby stopped his march to the yard and came over to me and licked my face. It was as if the little feller was saying, "I know you're in pain." Or, maybe he was saying, "You're a pain!" Whatever, it was nice to be noticed. I got up and we took care of matters at hand, came back in the house as if nothing had happened worth telling about. So, why am I telling you? I guess I need some sympathy. Even if it's from a little puppy. That's why they call puppy love, I guess. Works for this old man.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I'm sorry you fell, Daddy.

I'm proud of my little pup. I think he wants to be a therapy dog when he grows up.