Monday, January 22, 2007

SCRUBS

Isn't it amazing how much better one feels followng a shower or a bath? I had felt bad most of the morning until I took a shower. Now I feel much, much better. Those two broken ribs still
hurt but they are clean. All because I feel better following the shower doesn't mean I'll get in
a round of golf or something silly like that!
Eugene Peterson's, Psalms, shares these wonderful words in the 51st Chapter of how God's grace "Scrubs away my guilt, soak out my sins in your laundry." The Lord's Laundry is open
24/7 for washing away our spoiled sins. The Lord's love is the Lava soap that washes away all
our guilty sins. All we have to do is use it whenever we confess of sins. Then we are to forsake
those filty sins forever, like the Lord does. They are forgiven and forgotten. We can come clean
into the presence of our great God Almighty. Know wonder I feel better now that I stop to think
about it.

No comments: