Friday, December 22, 2006

WHAT'S ON MY MIND

While almost everyone, from everywhere are out shopping, I'm "home alone." I like being here at home, alone. The dogs are sleeping and I'm finishing a book I began reading a few weeks ago.
This is my Christmas present to myself. I've taken the book just about everywhere I've been
with "high hopes and great expectations" of completing it. It hasn't happened. It won't happen until I make it happen. This season of solitude has been like tearing open a Christmas present, very, very slowly. The door bell rangand I had to get up and answer it. Someone was out selling something I don't need. So, back to the book. All of us experience interruptions of one kind or another for one reason or another. It's how we handle them that matter. Some things can't be put on a shelve and taken down some other time to finish. They demand action. It's called priorities. Today, my priority is to finish reading a very good book so I can get onto another one. Maybe someone will give me money for a new book or better yet, the very book I want to get to next by Stephen Covey. If they don't, I'll go get it myself. Have a Merry Christmas!

No comments: