Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A DIFFERENT ROAD & A DIFFERENT ME

As our family was leaving Columbia Tuesday after celebrating Christmas with the Coomer clan, I realized that the Scripture was being fulfilled. Matthew 2: 12 reads, "....they left for their own
country by another road." Throughout all the years we've gone to Columbia we always had to go to the far side of the tiny town to get home. About the time we were coming to Columbia, my brother informed me that there was a new entrance to town that shaved off several miles. Was he right! I didn't give it much thought until we were leaving to come back to Bowling Green. We were riding on a brand new road. We were doing something we had never done before. We had often wondered why the State didn't build and entrance-exit on the side of town. We were riding on a road that had only been in our dreams. We were returning home, but not as we always had done. It was something new on something new. It saved time, traffic and mileage. It felt so good! I have an idea that's how the Wise Men felt as they headed home after seeing the Savior born in Bethlehem. The road was different, but more that that, much more than that, they were different. Someone new made them something new. I have an idea their family and friends saw something different about them too. I hope my family and friends can tell that something new has happened to me, again. That something is Someone. His name is Jesus.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Home by Another Way by James Taylor


Those magic men the Magi
Some people call them wise
Or Oriental, even kings
Well anyway, those guys
They visited with Jesus
They sure enjoyed their stay
Then warned in a dream of King Herod's scheme
They went home by another way

Yes they went home by another way
Home by another way
Maybe me and you can be wise guys too
And go home by another way
We can make it another way
Safe home as they used to say
Keep a weather eye to the chart on high
And go home another way