Thursday, November 30, 2006

LOOKING BACK INTO THE FUTURE

I need to take a trip today. I have a mission that I must do again this year. My mission is to go
get 2007 calendars from a funeral home here in town. I place these in a number of places in our
house so that we have one when we need it. What bothers my family is a day like today. I just
tore off today's date at the computer desk so I won't have to do it December 1st, tomorrow. It's
just a bad habit I have. Why break a bad habit when it's for the good of us all?
I have my little black books stashed away in a corner that I can turn to if need be. I'm speaking
of the little calendar books that we Pastor's get each Fall for the next new year. It is interesting
to take time to turn through the pages of each one and see where I was and what I was doing each year. It's like a road map to the past. As I write these words, I wonder about the future. I
have already posted a few dates as reminders. One is the 95th birthday of my father April 2nd.
When I told him that the date was already in place, he said he didn't know if he would be here for it or not. Nor do I. We can plan to be somewhere, some day in the future but today is the
only day we have right now and we're not real sure just what may happen today. So, I best be
doing something else that I have planned before my plans get changed. Remember, one of the
things I plan to do is pick up 2007 calendars at of all places, a funeral home. That's all I plan
to do there, I assure you. No need to rush things.

No comments: