Wednesday, November 08, 2006

AM I HEARING VOICES?

I'm home alone today. My wife and daughter are in Nashville and my son is at work. Both dogs are outside. It is seldom that I'm home alone. Most of the time, someone else is here. While we aren't always in the same room, still, we are together here at home. Most of the time, there
are two dogs sleeping beside one of us or following one of us like a shadow. Not so today. I'm all
alone. I miss the talk and I miss the talkers. I've had the tv on and off as well as the radio in my
study. I have been outside a time or two, but found myself coming back in and finding things I
need to do. My 94 year old Father phoned late yesterday afternoon. He didn't really have much
to say. He was lonely and wanted to hear the voice of a family member. Others nod at him, wave at him, and, even stop and speak but then rush on down the hall leaving him all alone. I'm
home alone today and it gives me an idea of what it means to want to hear from someone, even if it is from an automated phone machine wanting your vote. But that's over and done with now and no one will call you back and thank you for your vote. When I finish doing this, I think I'll
call my Dad. I just want to hear his voice again today.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

We should have called you earlier to hear your voice.