Thursday, October 05, 2006

WAVE

One of my favorite things to do is to sit on the front porch swing and watch the traffic passing by. I pretty well know the habits people have as they drive by. Even if I don't know these people by their names, I pretty well know who will drive by at a fast speed and who drives slowler. I know who will stop at the stop sign and who will run it. I know who will be talking away on their cell phone and those who won't. I know who will be alone and who will have others with them. Some will honk at me and some simply ignore me.

I've been thinking about doing what an elderly man who lived by a busy road used to do, day day. He would wave at everbody who passed by. Made no difference to him , who it was or where they were going, He just did it. And now that I think about it, it made a difference on me because I can still see him in my mind as he waved as my car passed by day by day on my way to or from College almost forty years ago. I better finish this blog and get back to the porch swing so I can wave as the parade of people pass by. I wouldn't want to miss someone who needs a wave on their way to where ever it is they are going. It just might make a difference in their lives today. So, I wave goodbye as I go to wave hello to those who pass by our house.

No comments: