Wednesday, October 04, 2006

NOT BAD FOR A MAN MY AGE

Today is Senior Citizen Day where we shop for food. Since I am over sixty, I have a Senior Citizen's card that allows me 10% off of what we buy. When I go with my wife, I love to watch the way these folk rush up and down each asile or slowly push their carts down the asiles. There ought to be a warning sign in each asile so the younger crowd can be aware of senior citizens in their midst. The best thing to do, is not to do your shopping on Senior Citizen Day. I have thought about going real early on one of these special days, like 12: 05 a.m., just to see how things might go. But I'm in bed sleeping. I can wait. On day's like today, I know that when my wife drives in the drive way and honks the horn of our car, I better be ready to go unload the trunk and the back seat of all she has bought at a good discount. And, I better do it with a big smile and a warm welcome. After all, I let her use my card and do the shopping without me today. At least I can help carry things in. Slowly. Very slowly, unless I know there is ice cream in one of those many, many plastic bags, then I can get out to the car pretty fast for a man my age. After all, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! Right?
Wrong!! I was wrong. My wife didn't get ice cream after all. But that's ok. She got a bunch of
other goodies. Goody - goody for her! Now, where was I? Oh yea, back to the game.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

You haven't finished the ice cream that's in the freezer.

I sound just like her, don't I?