Thursday, October 12, 2006

ONE OF THESE DAYS

My Father's oldest sister died during the night last night. She would of been 99 in November. I
remember going to her house when I was just a child. We kids would ride their horses, play hide and go seek, and try to get Uncle Ray tickled under his arms. My Aunt was a resident in the same Retirement Home as my Father and his other sister. We will miss her wit, humor and sweet smile. Just yesterday, I assisted in a funeral for a 80 year old man whose wife had died a couple of months ago. His death came as a shock to all of us. Bob had several things planned that he wanted to get done before dying. Bob will be missed by all of us who knew him through the years.
These deaths remind me that we never know just when or how death will comes to us. Their
deaths remind me that I need to get my house in order. While my Father is 94 and still living,
who knows who might be next to die. I've already lost a brother and sister through death. It
would be a wise thing to "get right with God", as they used to say. Someone said a few years ago,
"I don't mind death, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Well, one of these days, in
some way, it's going to happen, to me, to you. Until then, live life daily with thanksgiving and
gusto. And, most of all, "get right with God."

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I think I want to be buried in Uncle Wayne's backyard with Rusti, Wesely, and Lil Baby.