Saturday, October 07, 2006

LOOKING AHEAD & SHAPING UP

When we bought our house a few years ago, we had to tear out some big bushes near the front and side of the house. It took a pretty long time to get the job done. We wondered what it would look like when we were finished. My wife had an eye for the future. She started seeing what it would look like if we were to plant new smaller bushes and a tree or two in place of what we had when we bought the house. After we were through with tree and bush planting, things began to really take shape. I wonder what you and I might look like if we were to do as my wife did. She studied things in her mind and then she went to work to accomplished what she wanted. It worked. I need to drop a few pounds. I need to eat less if I want to drop the few pounds. I know that when I look in the fridge "I can't have that, if I want to look like that." I have to leave something off if I want the weight to drop off. Maybe we should visualize the future and then see if what we hope to look like can come true. I have an idea of what I need and want to look like so that I can live longer. You see, I see the future way out there in front of me and I want to get there in the best health I possibly can.

No comments: