Monday, September 25, 2006

ARE THESE YOUR FINGER PRINTS?

Today while I was reading Phillip Yancey's book, Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?
I found myself putting it down and going to yet another book he wrote, The Bible Jesus Read. Before I knew it, I was picking up Yancey's. Reaching for the Invisible God. In the Reaching
for the Invisible God book, he refers to a book by Gordon MacDonald and something he says
in Forging a Real World Faith. So, I go and get it off of my bookcase in my study. Then I realized I had not even picked up The Bible today and read even one verse from it.
All this got me to thinking of how we will look all around for information and inspiration and yet neglect the very book that will help us most of all. Shame on us for getting all of our spiritual highs from the books of others and leave The Bible all alone as if it is rustic and unworthy of our time. This has reminded me to get into the best book of all, for all of us, The Bible. Are your fingerprints to be found on yours? Each and every page should give evidence that you read God's Word. John Wesley said of The Bible, "O bring me the book. at any price, give me the book, reffering to The Bible. Can you say that? Maybe we need to put down other books and things and pick up the book that can pick us up. Maybe we should even stop posting our blogs
if we're to keep the SON in our eye's.

No comments: