Wednesday, August 30, 2006

THESE SHOES ARE MADE FOR WALKING

This morning I felt an urge to drop what I was doing and visit a dying friend in a nearby hospital. I shared some things with Herb to help him as best Icould. I mentioned knowing his mother when I was a teenager in their town. I mentioned him being a district supertindent several years ago in the area I recently served as a pastor. I reminded him of how they have pictures of former pastor's in the parlor of First Church. Dr. Ellsworth Kalas preached a sermon a number of years ago about the feet of the messengers of God and that rather than having pictures of pastors, we should have the shoes of pastors instead. In my very first sermon at First Church, I mentioned that I was following in the footsteps of outstanding pastors. Well, Herb has big feet and I know I can never begin to accomplish all that he has to the glory of God. Soon Herb will walk on streets of Gold because he told people all about Jesus and His love. I hope I can do half as much.

No comments: