Wednesday, August 30, 2006

GARBAGE IN - GARBAGE OUT

While I watched it raining today I took in some of the scenery and the silence of the afternoon from our front porch swing. I noticed the tall trees, the drooping flowers soaking wet with rain drops and a garbage can beside the street. All of the sudden the lovely landscape lost it's beauty and I lost my sense of serenity. It was all spoiled by a big black garbage can. Why did it have to be there? Why wasn't it put away so I could enjoy the scenery? When I stopped to think about this interruption to my peaceful porch moment, I realized that the landscapes of our lives are all spoiled with something. At times it is by something someone has said or done or, by something we've said or done. We can't protect ourselves from such sights by ignoring them, by pretending that they aren't there. What we have to do is to accept them as they are and get on with our lives. As we do, maybe we should seek to add as much beauty all around as we possibly can so that others can have a beautiful day.

No comments: