Sunday, January 02, 2011

A CLOSE SHAVE

I started growing a moustache last week since I'm home-bound for
a few days. When I looked at the man in the mirror I thought of
another man.
Several years ago when I was [astor of a small country church, I
started growing a moustache. On Sunday morning I was met by
a member of the church coming into attend Sunday School. When
he saw my moustache he told me that he wouldn't stay to hear
me preach because he didn't think a pastor should have one.
While he was in Sunday School, I went next door to our house
and shaved my moustahe off and went back to church. When
he came out of the classroom I said something to him and went
to the pulpit area as the service started. Rather than walking
on out and going home, the man joined the choir and attended
the service. After it was over he asked me why I had shaved
my moustahe off, I told him I didn't want to be a stumbling
block for him or anyone else. He smiled and shook my hand
and left before I could tell him the rest of the story. My dear
wife had already informed me that she didn't like it. So, I
shaved because of her more than him.
I also shaved this one off for her. Besides, when you got it
you've got it.

No comments: