Tuesday, May 11, 2010

MOTHER'S MOTHER DAY LETTER TO ME

Even though Mother's Day was last Sunday, I'm going to share some thoughts about
mother's at the Retirement Village in the morning . Since there are more women than
men who attend the monthly services, I think they will be ready to hear what I want
to say.
I'm going to share about a letter that I wrote 57 years ago to my mother. I will read
what I wrote to her and then read what she wrote about my letter. Four words are
written on the back side of my letter, "Very precious to me." Those four words are
very precious to me, to say the least. So many memories come to mind whenever I
remember Momma. What a woman. What a Mother. What a Christian who influenced
my life so very, very much! She still does whenever I think of her.
My prayer is that these woman (Mothers) will have many precious memories as they
reflect upon their long lives. I hope the three or four men will be blessed by what will
be said. I kow I will be, even if I say so myself.

1 comment:

L. Peyton Adams said...

I understand.