Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WHAT A DAY!

The woman who leads the singing at the retirement home called early this morning to
tell me was'nt going to get out in the snow. I told her we would miss her and to stay in.
When we started the service, seven people had showed up, all elderly women. We sang
two hymns and then I shared thoughts about the silence of the snow.
The woman who played the piano turned 100 last week. I taled her into playing Happy
Birthday while we sang Happy Birthday to her. I shared about a lady who turned 110
yesterday and asked if she wanted to get to that age. She shook her head no! I'll be 66
tomorrow and I wouldn't want to even get to 100. Time will tell.
Late this afternoon I saw our son drive into the drive way. He has come home to celebrate
my birthday. I didn't know he was coming, What a great gift to give his old man! My wife
told me she is taking me out for breakfast in the morning but won't tell me where we're
going. I just hope it's not White Castle!
Well, when I wake up in the morning I'll be another year older. That's fine with me since
I love living. God's been so good to this old man, you know.

1 comment:

L. Peyton Adams said...

Happy Birthday John Carroll, Feb 12th Mom would have been 93 and I turn 57 on Feb 15th. Feb was a good month obviously. ;^)