Thursday, July 03, 2008

"Blest Be the Tie That Binds"

One of the best blessings of being a United Methodist is being connected to other churches.
When my dad died last week, our family wanted the churches dad had served to know as
well as the churches other family members. My twin and I both have served churches as
pastors and so we were not at all surprised when person after person from former churces showed up at the Funeral and the Funeral Home. Some driving a great distance.
"Blest Be the Tie That Binds." is a song we not only sing but seek to put into practice. Dad
would be amazed if he knew how many people came by to express their thanks for his
life and witness, I wasn't. One lady who showed up was a member of his church in the
early days of his ministry. She shared many "Precious Memories" with me at the table
as we ate after the service Tuesday. I was truly blessed by hearing what she had to say.

No comments: