Tuesday, October 17, 2006

OUCH!

I fell this morning when I was coming into our garage after taking the garbage out to the side of the street. I hurt my left leg and my lip, but most of all, it hurt my feelings. I thought I had more sense than to let my feet slide out from beneath me. I knew that when the floor gets wet, one has to watch his or her steps. I guess my mind was focused on, "why can't my dear wife take out the garbage?" Or, my mind was thinking about how much rain had fallen during the night. Anyway, I fell down hard and wondered who would even hear my call for , "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" ? Sad to say, even our two huskies heard me but they didn't go get help. They just kept watching Radar the Weather Dog telling about the rain, not in Spain on the plain, but the rain inside my garage where I was down but not out. After a few seconds of wondering what to do, I was able to lift myself up and walk into the house. I hoped my teeth were still in place and that my leg would be ok. I'm glad to report that I'm alive and well even if my pride is hurt.
The trouble is, I can't find a big enough band-aid to put on my bruised pride. I just hope no one stares at me wondering how I hurt it. Maybe someone will be a good samaritan and give my pride some pity. I sure could use it. Ouch!

2 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Poor Daddy!!!!! Pood Daddy's lip!

Your wife doesn't take the garbage out because you always beat her to it.

Jennifer Coomer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.