Friday, September 22, 2006

SERMON STUFFERS

At Christmas, we work with coming up with ideas
for stocking stuffers. It is a great way of giving gifts.
As a Pastor, I have placed the same two letters in
the margins of most of the books I've read through
the years. Those two letters are S S. They stand
for Sermon Stuff. In other words, whenever I see
something in a book that gives me an idea for a ser-
mon or a sermon illustration, I put a S S in the
margin and circle the number of that page for quick
reference.
All this got me to thinking about where else in life
might I write S S? I love to watch people and, I
even eavesdrop at times to see if there is some
S S there just waiting for me to take and make
something out of it. I love to watch a movie or
listen to a song and see if there is something that
I might make into a sermon or sermon illustration.
Today, why don't you see if you can come up with
some Sermon Stuffers. It might make your day
into a day to remember. It works for me. Don't
you think this blog is great to use as a sermon
illustration? S. S.

No comments: